Friday 5 February 2016

He says come.

I despair.
He says, My grace is sufficient.
I fear.
He says, I am faithful.
I weep.
He says, I carry you even now.
I yearn.
He says, I fulfill.

I analyse and intellectualize what I do not understand.
He says, I will give you peace beyond understanding.
I become angry and hard.

He says, Come.
I become bitter. I sit with my questions.  My eyes rolls. My head shakes. My soul overturns.
He says, Come.
I become fractured. I howl at God. I stumble in darkness. And crisis grips my heart.
He says, Come.
He says, Come.
He says, Come.


Where the spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. Come, let's dance again.
Come to me, all of you who are tired from carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:2.

19 comments:

  1. Pheww. Yes, I am weary. I guess someone told you I needed this post? Haha. It surely is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith gifts each of us with the opportunity to share our burdens and then let them go.

    I wish you a faith filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Blessings....
      Stopped by to wish you a fabulous and peace filled week.

      Rhapsody

      Delete
  4. "I become angry and hard" Sometimes life does this to us, thanks for the reminder that the guy up there isn't tired of us coming and coming to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Lord and wonderful Saviour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful, I love love it.xx
    cocobellablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully touching and moving Cindy! Thanks for sharing!
    Have an amazing start of the week!
    XOXO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't we all just need The Lord? Very inspiring on this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful!! 'nough said. have a lovely week. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. We humans can be so mule-headed sometimes. It's a good thing God is so persistent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great poem Cindy, I found it an inspiring read:-) Thanks:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is what I need for sure. It really keeps me away from vanity. Thank you for your post

    ReplyDelete
  13. With hands wide open and always ready, what a marvelous God!

    www.jbshares.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh... SO beautiful! Thank you, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My faith keeps growing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.