Monday, 5 November 2012

Thinking out loud

When I think about the individuals who have had a great impact upon my life I think about myself. I wonder if I have touched even a single individual in the ways that multiple people have touched mine. I hope so. I should have. I should be reaching out to others and loving them with the compassion of Christ. I am afraid that often I am so absorbed in myself that I don't do enough to ensure that I become absorbed in others. Proverbs 18:24 speaks about a friend that is always there. When you have made a mistake; this person is there. When you have succeeded; they are there. When you need him; they couldn't be closer. I want to be like that-to be irreplaceable in the lives of as many people as possible.

"There is a friend that sticks closer than a brother."—Proverbs 18:24.

Life is so short and time is fleeting. I want to be sure that I have touched someone with the love of Jesus Christ. I count myself as blessed and I want to make sure that I am blessing others as well. I desire to be a blessing to others as they journey through this thing called life. I want people to feel and know that because they know Cindy Saul they are better people. I desire that when people think about me, they think of someone that is a solution, not for my image but because I want people to see the Christ in me. I want to make sure that I am becoming more Christ-like. More concerned about loving, caring and impacting people. I hope that you want to reach out to others as well, may we all be friends that sacrifice our time and invest in the lives of the people around us

13 comments:

  1. Ah! I feel you (haha).

    I also feel as though I'm not really making any impact, but I've had people...young ladies tell me they look up to me. I find it fascinating because I'm also trying to better myself each day. I think what matters the most is striving to be a better you, with God's help. Even if you don't think you're making any impact, trust me...YOU are! People reading your blog get impacted by you. The words you speak impact people. Your daily living impacts more people than you know. So, living your best life now can be an impact to people. Just live to learn and learn to live. Thrive!

    I hope I made some sense. Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, you do make sense.
      I love what you say here: 'young ladies tell me they look up to me. I find it fascinating because I'm also trying to better myself each day'. Cause that is how I feel as well, I find it fascinating.

      Thank you :)I just wanna be how God wants me to be, more Christ-like. I want to represent Christ the right way. :)

      Delete
  2. Amen. I totally feel you. I was thinking about this too over the weekend, I listened to a message and it discussed the fact that God blessed Abraham so he could be a blessing to others. There comes a time in our walk with God that we become mature enough to impact lives. This is not easy to do, because people can be quite difficult but that is why we have the Holy Spirit; to encourage us, as we enecourage others.

    Now, I am focus on whom God is asking me to pray for and be a role model to, so that as they look up to me they realize that I am looking up to God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wise!! (I am focus on whom God is asking me to pray for and be a role model to). I am gonna do that instead of trying to save the world at once LOL

      Delete
  3. Don't think such things even when you smile to a stranger in the streets you have an impact on him/her because it can brighten someone's day or just put a smile on the face of that person. You definitely have an impact on others you're such an inspiring and caring person. Even though you don't comment on my posts I can feel the love and the support in your words when you comment so let me tell you you have an impact on me. I don't think God want us to do "BIG" things that can be shown to the TV news, keep doing you and pray for him to put people that need to be guided on your way so that you can rub off (I'm not sure I'm using this verb correctly lol) on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, don't worry yoi are on point! Thank you, I am gonna take your advise, I appreciate you!

      Delete
  4. Hi Cindy, this post here has just made an impact on me. I say Amen and also pray that my life touches others positively. Love your blog. Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PRASIE GOD!! I am super glad that it made an impact on you! THANK YOU Jesus!!

      Delete
  5. This kinda served as a wake up call for me.

    Thanks sharing and thanks for stopping by my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pleasure, it was great being there

      Delete
  6. Truth well said Cindy, in fact I believe there is a stirring in the spirit towards our fundamental calling as believers as I also wrote something about this just yesterday. Thanks a lot for letting God use you.
    I follow you now via GFC, have a super blesses day!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe so too, it's not just a feeling, it's a calling that we need to answer. I pray that we will be quick to answer the call. WE were born for this!!

      Delete
  7. Hello Dear! I like your blog so much! This is my first visit here but definitely not the last :) Would you like to follow each other? :)


    XOXO,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.