Friday, 20 April 2012

Serving God in black and white...

If you have read my blog post on some of my aspirations for 2012 you will know that one of the things I really wanted to do this year was to choose a ministry to serve in at my local church and I am THRILLED announce that I did and it is the Counselling Ministry!! I am so excited that God is gonna put this big mouth of mine to good use! Although I do a lot of ministry work out side the church, going in and out of church on Sundays was not doing it for me anymore. God really put a desire in me join a ministry at church. 

  
black and white in our main colour. So I took a couple of pics in my counselling attire. I love the woman I am becoming...
When I say that I am a Christian I don't mean that I  SPEAK about Christ, I want to say I am a Kingdom-builder. I am not just a church goer, I am a builder.

 I don't want to go to church JUST to receive, I want to go to church to GIVE. It is more blessed to give than it is to receive




"...to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up..." - Ephesians 4:12

“Before turning down a request to serve because you feel you are too busy, you might want to … simplify somewhat and make a new appraisal of what you really consider essential. Reconsider your priorities and remember your covenants with the Lord wherein you have covenanted to give of your time, talents, and means liberally to the up building of the kingdom of God.



Sometimes in the Church of Jesus Christ our first response when we hear that we need to contribute in church we automatically think of money, but there are so many other ways we can give service. Each of us have been given talents from the Lord that we should develop and use to serve God and others. Examine your life and see what talents you have. What are you good at? How could you use your talents to help those around you? Can you sing? You could join the church choir. Are you good with children? Offer to service in the children's church.  Or like me, are you good with communication, do you love encouraging people? Join the counselling ministry at your local church. The Church is the bride of Christ and Christ wants us to take care her so let's all jump in and do our part!

"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." - I Peter 4:10

13 comments:

  1. Hi shawty! I am Cecilia and i find your blog amazing! but I have a boredom. I joined Blogger for some time and I don’t have enough members! Can you join my blog please I really need it and I promises to become member of your blog also thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY girl.... Thank you!!! I just followed you!! thanks for popping by...

    Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You've been tagged! Check out my blog for more details! :)

    http://mystyledexpressions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first tag.... YAY!!!! Thank you OLUWASEUN!!

      Delete
  4. It's very impressive to see how much you're involved in your religion I think you're a model to follow. Like your back and white outfit you look adorable with that bow in your hair.
    Btw thank you for the comment on my blog I truly appreciated :)
    Have a nice week
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am loving your blog. You are a great inspiration young females trying to find their spiritual guidance. It's great that God is using you to minister to others through counseling. With God's help I'm sure you'll be able to spread his love and gospel!
    Your outfit is gorgeous...very church chic! Stay blessed!

    http://elementsofavoluptuousbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this sweet comment!!! It is very encouraging!!!
      God bless you!!!! :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really like your blog because of the messages of inspiration
    i am now following you
    please check out my blog and follow back if you like :)

    www.midecoker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... that is mega encouraging Mide!!! and I will definitely follow... :)

      Delete
  8. i love your blog.Great material and inspiring words.

    www.fabulously-pink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww... Thank you :) and thanks for visiting my blog. I follow back so do expect me :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.