Friday, 9 March 2012

Note to self:I have a dream

I have big dreams and if I were not a little to embarrassed to share my dreams, I'd spill them all. These aren't the kind of rosy, flowery, and lovely dreams that every girl dreams for her future; these are the dreams to do something big. The dreams where you do great things for Jesus Christ and you here him say, "Well done good and faithful servant.".
                                            


But before I can make these dreams possible I know that I have to seek the Kingdom of  God first.  More and more each day I am learning about allowing the Holy spirit to lead me. Every time I have a desire to achieve something I always have to ask myself Is what I’m doing going to bring more attention to Jesus or to my own clever abilities?” Whether I want to be put right before the eyes of man or do I want God to use me. The Bible says to “do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit.”. We should “do all to the glory of God” (I Cor. 10:31).That tells me that anything I pursue that is not rooted in glorifying God, is wrong. It’s temporal, self-centred and limited.


When it comes down to it, I want MY greatness to be overshadowed by GOD’S greatness.
The ministry I do, the business I pursue, the goals I accomplish – may they serve to shine ever so brightly upon the glory and goodness of God because without HIM, we can do nothing. At the end of my life, I don’t want to stand alone with my accolades. I want to stand with the people I’ve poured into.
At the end of Paul’s life on earth, he calls his disciples his joy and crown (Phil. 4:1). Not the books of the Bible he wrote, or the sick he healed, or the incredible sermons he preached, I want to be like that.

But how do you make the distinction? How do you know if what God you want for yourself is what God wants for your life as well? I ask myself these questions...

Is it biblical?
Who gets the credit?
Have I grown enough to receive it?
Would OTHERS glorify God when they see the results?
Would it harm my continued growth with Christ when I receive it?
Would lost people come to Christ when I receive it?
Would the body of Christ be edified?


Not every dream is from God. There is such a thing as godless dreams. But when your dream is God's dream, it's unstoppable. Jesus said that apart from Him we can't do anything and that all our dreams will be frustrated. The power, energy and creativity needed to fulfil our dreams must flow from Jesus.

God does want us to have it all, the car, the money, the house on the hill, that dream job but it is important that we PUT HIM FIRST, that we find our security in Him first. We ought to worship the creator not what He created.


 Psalm 62:1-2, Security in God Alone
My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.