I'm afraid to commit to my town... so I try not to get attached to it.
I'm afraid to commit to my home... to making it my own... so I avoid it.
I am afraid to commit to myself... so I come up with excuses.
I am afraid to commit to my life... because then I have to live it.
(I'm also afraid of committing to people... but that's a whole nother story.)
I'm thinking it's time to seriously address this fear issue. How will I ever commit to a husband, a family, a church - my future - if I am unable to commit my heart to the things/people God has placed in my life now? How can I effectively give my time/energy to others, if I'm unable to commit to caring for myself first?
Consider this post a declaration of (re)commitments.
- I (re)commit to exercising regularly. This is not only for my health today, but for my health in the future.
- I (re)commit to making healthy choices regarding what I eat, drink, and ingest.
- I (re)commit to pursuing healthy relationships, limiting unhealthy interactions, and taking time alone when needed.
- I (re)commit to pursing Godly teachings and getting involved in my local church.
- I (re)commit to owning my "yes" and "no". I want to become a woman who is true to her word.