Monday, 6 February 2012

Note to Self: Recommit

I've been thinking a lot lately about commitment... and my inherent fear of it.

I'm afraid to commit to my town... so I try not to get attached to it.
I'm afraid to commit to my home... to making it my own... so I avoid it.
I am afraid to commit to myself... so I come up with excuses.
I am afraid to commit to my life... because then I have to live it.

(I'm also afraid of committing to people... but that's a whole nother story.)

I'm thinking it's time to seriously address this fear issue.  How will I ever commit to a husband, a family, a church - my future - if I am unable to commit my heart to the things/people God has placed in my life now?  How can I effectively give my time/energy to others, if I'm unable to commit to caring for myself first?

Consider this post a declaration of (re)commitments. 
  •  I (re)commit to exercising regularly.  This is not only for my health today, but for my health in the future. 
  • I (re)commit to making healthy choices regarding what I eat, drink, and ingest.
  • I (re)commit to pursuing healthy relationships, limiting unhealthy interactions, and taking time alone when needed.
  • I (re)commit to pursing Godly teachings and getting involved in my local church.
  • I (re)commit to owning my "yes" and "no".  I want to become a woman who is true to her word.
This may be a challenge.  I frequently find myself low on time and high on activity.  I may need accountability.  If I want to be healthier, I need to make these choices now.  I can't give to others what I don't myself have

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.