Thursday, 2 February 2012

My list- Top things I want in a Husband

 A blog I read inspired me to write my list of ‘TOP THINGS I WANT IN MY HUSBAND’, the point of having this list to to have STANDARDS. Before you read  let me begin by mentioning that I am not looking for stuff like rich, handsome, cute, charismatic and sexy no, not that superficial stuff, I am thinking more about those things that will bring ever-lasting joy, peace and satisfaction, things that are important to me. Honesty speaking, I do not have a specific picture of Mr. Right in my mind and I am not sure I want to because I will judge him according to TV/movie standards and might even miss my ‘Fairy Tale’ because of concentrating only on certain characteristic, God can do exceedingly and abundantly than what I think or ask for. Here is my list of the characteristics I want my husband to have, I look forward to the future it will be interesting to see how close I am or how far I am from the man that God actually has in store for me:

  1. He MUST love JESUS with all his mind, body and soul and have his own intimate relationship with Him AND he must be authentic with his walk with Christ
  2. He MUST be a leader, I desire to be led. Sorry ladies, I don’t believe in this twenty first century nonsense that says women can be leaders in their marriages, I desire to SUBMIT
  3. He must be a gentleman: open the door, hold my hand as I walk down the stairs, help me put on my coat on and pull out my chair. Yep, all those gentlemen characteristics!!
  4. He must have a servant’s heart.
  5. Must strive for perfection financially because I don’t need a financial burden.
  6. He MUST respect women in general
  7. He MUST be God-fearing, he must live to obey God
  8. He must be someone that I can be comfortable with in spite of my flaws, weaknesses and all.
  9. He must be a good listener (I am a chattaholic Lol)
  10. NEAT!! Dear Lord, I am a neat FREAK!!!!
  11. AFFECTIONATE!!!! Touching in my love language
  12. He must have strong values and that will not discard their ethics at the door of success
  13. Cannot have a temper
  14. NO FOUL LANGUAGE!!
  15. Someone that believes in the first commandment with a promise, ‘Honor your mother and father’
  16. He must have a free-spirit and quite spontaneous, he must be able to laugh at himself
  17. He must be positive in thinking
  18. I need someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman, but strong enough to keep me grounded.
  19. He must be an encourager
  20. He MUST understand the purpose of our relationship.
  21. He must believe in tithe and offering
  22. Must love to read
  23. He must keep himself together: work out, very neat person in appearance, clothes, smelling good
  24. He must be someone who strives for excellence spiritually because I don't need to be unequally yoked, believers mixed with unbelievers is a recipe for disaster.
  25. I need someone whom I can respect. In order to be submissive, I must respect him.

And by the way, I am not looking for him...He will find me. He will recognize himself in me. He may not be able to explain the connection, but he will always be drawn to me. These are the characteristics that I will be praying for in my quite time with God. I encourage you all to also have your list, there is NOTHING wrong with having ‘STANDARDS’, just as long as you make sure that you are all (or most) of those things on your list. Don’t put a ton of pressure on a guy to be something that you aren’t!! And just because a guy does not have a couple of things on your list it doesn't mean he is not worthy to have a relationship with you, As long as my future husband had some of the important things & NO dealbreakers, to me--he is worth starting a relationship with. So listen to the Holy Spirit as He LEADS & guides you. Someone may have EVERYTHING you want on your list but you can zero peace about them. So--they're disqualified. God knows your end from your beginning. Trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.