Monday, 19 December 2011

This year I... Next year I want to...

The 365 days of 2011 that THE Lord blessed me with are almost over and my heart is filled with ABSOLUTE BLISS, I cannot believe how awesome He carried me and the people that I love through out the whole year, I am truly humbled. All that my mouth can utter is, 'thank you Lord'. I am thankful for the prayers that He answered and the prayers He didn’t answer, I know that His will and purpose is far better than mine.

I had a great time with Jesus this year.  I learnt so much about His heart and I also learnt a lot about myself, my weaknesses, my strengths, my likes, my dislikes. Sometimes I came to the Lord with disappointments and heart breaks and He was always there. I failed some few tests and passed a lot of them in the same time and I have non other but Him to thank for that. I am thankful for the people that He placed in my life this year, my friends, my leaders, my pastors, the people I lead and my family, even though I complained a lot about the changes, I can say that it all worked in my favour like you promised in Romans 8:28, I am thankful that He did not listen to me, this year God proved to me yet again that His will is far better than mine.

This year I…
Thought more like a woman of God, my mind really became more transformed. I can’t for 2012, with age comes wisdom
Judged less and put myself in people’s situations more
Praised and worshiped more passionately and more genuinely without a care in the world who might be watching.
Helped more even when it inconvenienced me.
Became rooted in what I believe, I believe Jesus is the way, the truth and the life-FACT!
Became neater where people were not looking (blame it on pastor At’s sermons)
Began to care more about my character than about my reputation, character is what God is after.
Learnt to guard my heart against offences.
Formed new, meaningful relationships
Saw myself having more faith in God then I have ever had before, the best feeling ever!
Appreciated the small things in life more, like just watching TV with my mommy
Became more grateful, counted my blessings every day which kept me away from a negative mind-set.
Loved deeper and fell in love with what makes people different.
Enjoyed finding something special and unique about the people around me.

Became more confident, I can speak about Christ everywhere and anywhere.











                                                                   


 Next year I want to…
Pray for a servant’s heart. God doesn’t make great leaders, he makes great servants and great servants became great leaders.
Become a spontaneous gift giver.
Work in everything as if I am working for God.
Wake up early and take pictures of the sun.
Became a better daughter, sister and friend
Become more creative academically and as a leader, I would love to have more ideas.
Get more direction in terms of my career. It is my third year next year and I am still unsure about so many things and I am trusting in God all the way.
Make a difference in people’s lives
Contribute more to the Kingdom financially and finally get myself to choose a ministry.
Have a totally BRAND NEW way of thinking, there is nothing wrong with how I am thinking now but I wanna think more and more like a women of GOD.
Become a leader that God wants me to be
Be more open to new friendships




Corinthians 2:14: But thank God! He has made us his captives and continues to lead us along in Christ's triumphal procession. Now he uses us to spread the knowledge of Christ everywhere, like a sweet perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.