Wednesday, 14 September 2011

My dream husband

'Where have all the perfect princes gone? Perhaps only tenth of them come to every generation? From an early age I have had a clear picture of my husband-to be.

My ideal husband is a well-groomed man and handsome man. He is a fair in complexion with short hair. He has twinkly brown eyes that glow when he smiles his dazzling smile. His body is slim and toned and not overly muscular. His skin is as soft as a baby's bottom. He has soft, caressing hands that become as soft as steel when he has to protect his loved ones. His short, clean nails are as white as ivory. He does not have to be taller than me, but he has to carry himself well.

More importantly than his appearance though, is his personality. My ideal husband believes in honesty, love, compassion and romance. He is someone I can trust with my life; he is like a light at the end of a tunnel. A sense of humor is essential to cheer me up when I feel isolated and dejected. He will wipe away my tears, calm me down and remain me how much he loves and appreciates me. The man may be a mouse in stature but be a lion in strength. He should fight his own battles and will not mind sacrificing his pride when he really has to. The godly man I am talking about will have patience like a fisher man. He realizes that real men do cry and that real strength comes from within. My dream husband is not afraid to show affection. He does not get his sense of worth from the money in his bank account.
Still, my dream husband is quick-witted and successful- perhaps the CEO of a company. A trust worthy husband, he remembers his values and does not discard his ethics at the door of success. He does not sign reports he knows are untrue, does not conceal. In the boardroom he shows discretion and the ability to compromise.
I considerate husband knows the needs the support of his parents, spouse, siblings and children. At home he can mend, cook and clean. He even knows his way around the supermarket aisles. He is generous, respectful and caring man that I can bring home to my parents. He is disciplined and obeys the first commandment with a promise: 'Honor your father and mother.’ He is a well-respected member of the community and he comes from a righteous family. He has a good name- like scripture says: his ‘name is like perfume poured out.’
We all consider ourselves to be princesses. It is worthwhile for a true princess to wait patiently for your prince to sweep you off your feet- to love you and cherish you, to make you feel pretty and praiseworthy.'
                                                                


This has got to be one of my favorite FAVOURITE things I have ever written. It was actually an essay which I wrote back in high school about my dream husband. As you can see the standards are pretty high,some things have changed though like the physical appearance cause I was actually describing someone LOL but most things have stayed the same. I wrote this article while I was at my best but over the years I have made mistakes. Does that mean I deserve less? NO! My past is irrelevant, that is the beauty of grace it makes life not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.