Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Note to self: this is the good life!!

I love Concerts


I love the energy, I love the movement, I love the music... especially when it's all about Christ.


Concerts tend to be the place where He brings my focus back to Him. Tonight's concert was no exception.


This past sunday I had the opportunity to see a few of my favorite artists, Isreal Houghton and to say that I has fun would be an understatement! Ever since I found out that he was coming to our church, I remained  excited until the day FINALLY arrived! I must admit, I am such a groupie, the minute he requested people to come in front of the stage and praise along with him I quickly ran next thing I knew he was just over a metre away from me! I was not just excited about seeing him, I was excited about how God was gonna use him! I had such an expectant heart, I just knew that it was just impossible that God would bring Israel to Bloemfontein without something underneath his sleeve! The auditorium was so packed (obviously, who would miss this). Before the service we had intercession and I remember clearly what was in my heart, I prayed that God should take over, I prayed that we should see many people getting saved, that it should not just be a night of good music and that is what happened, SO many people got saved! That is the most important thing after all!  Saving the lost at any cost! It was awesome!!! Praise God!!! I have plenty of favourite moments during the concert, let me share a few: when we lit our phones in the darkness while singing  a chorus from one of Israel's song, the chorus is 'Shine your light on and let the whole world see' and we were shining our lights (phones) on.  It was like stars in the night, only more beautiful, so spiritual....

                                                       
I was excited about what this means to the City of  Bloemfontein as well. In South Africa we are so used to having all the big stars going to either Cape Town, Joburg or Durban. Our church is completely changing that, we have had the likes of Kirk Franklin, Hillsong, Brian Houghton etc. come to our church and now Creflo Dollar is also coming. I am not quite sure whether or not he is coming to our church but is definitely coming to BLOEMFONTEIN ! :)  What is happening in this City is an absolute miralce, that over 30 000 people can go to one church every sunday in a City as small as Bloemfontein? WOW! I am in awe of  God' grace and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo thankful God planted me in this dynamic church. I am proud to say I am a partner of Christian Revival Church! I cannot begin to explain how much this church has contributed to my spiritual life. I am who I am today because I am under the leadership of Pastor At.
                                                           Banner 
Maybe it is a good thing that all these 'Hollywood' stars hardly make their way to Bloem this means that we are surely getting less of this world and more of the Holy Spirit. I mean think about it, what good is gonna come out from having Drake come to Bloem? that very night alone.... alcohol, car accidents, sexification and who knows what else! Everything that doesn't even glorify God! I am glad  God keeps bringing 'Holywood' to Bloem, 'Hollywood' can just stay there it is! HEY, I even have a new favourite song from the night with Israel, it is his new song, Jesus be the centre, I don't see this song NOT changing lives. With my praise and worship mode on, I did not have time to take pictures but here is the song sang by Sidney Mohede though, Israel videos are a bit rusty on YouTube....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I would love to hear from you, do leave your thoughts with me.